For the best quality silicone bibs, shop our extensive range including 2-packs, which make baby feeding time easy and mealtimes mess-free for toddlers. With delivery Australia wide, shop our range of waterproof and functional designs with wide lip pocket to catch food as you feed your little one.
Avoid waste and minimise mess at mealtimes with food-safe silicone bibs with pocket
Best silicone bibs for babies and toddlers
Feeding bub can be a messy exercise with baby food all over cute clothes as well as the floor! And for toddlers, as your little one becomes more independent, the mess sometimes grows with your child. Which is all good news! But to minimise the mess and avoid waste, our trusted range of food-grade silicone bibs keep clothes clean by protecting clothing. And the wide food lip serves to catch food as bits and pieces fall into the bib’s cleverly designed silicone pocket. Because our range of silicone bibs is made from food-grade silicone, bub can continue to feed from the pocket. Besides minimising waste and reducing mess by being the ultimate food catcher, silicone bibs are also so easy to clean and durable. All this makes mealtimes so much easier for bub and parents.
Five reasons why you need a silicone baby bib
1. Reduces food wastage because food falls into the wide food lip pocket for bub to retrieve food from and continue eating.
2. Portable, so it’s easy to roll up and take to a restaurant or to use while you’re out and about. Helps to also minimise wastage of food when out and reduces the need to change bub into clean clothes after every mealtime or snack.
3. Reduces mess on clothes and floor as its deep pocket catches food as independent bub feeds him/herself. The adjustable neck strap further ensures bub is comfy and clothes are protected from mess and stains.
4. Easy to clean so the silicone bib remains hygienic. Simply wipe with a damp cloth or wash with soapy water or place silicone bib in dishwasher.
5. Safe to feed from. Our range of silicone bibs are toxin-free, phthalate free, made from food grade silicone and are also BPA free.
Food grade BPA free silicone
A silicone bib with a wide food lip doubles up as a type of feeding container once food falls into the pocket, where bub takes a solid food item out of the pocket to continue eating. This is why it's important the bib is made from non-toxic, food grade silicone and is BPA free. Metro Baby’s range of brands and products puts child safety first. Our range of silicone bibs adhere to the required Australian and New Zealand safety standards and are safe as feeding products because they are made from food grade silicone and are also BPA free. Food-grade silicone bibs are safe for bubs compared to PVC plastic, which is not safe for children to feed from.
Plastic vs silicone feeding bibs - what is the best?
Many parents choose food-grade silicone feeding products for their little ones over plastic products for many reasons. Below are some of the reasons that silicone is often chosen over plastic. But to enjoy these benefits, always ensure you buy the best quality silicone products. Reasons to choose silicone over plastic include:
• Silicone is more environmentally friendly than plastic because it is derived from sand (silica) and not crude oil, which is what most plastics are made from.
• Silicone doesn’t contain toxic materials found in plastic like phthalates and BPA.
• Silicone is more durable than plastic so it lasts longer.
• Silicone is flexible and softer than plastic so it can be folded, rolled and bent for storage and portability.
• Silicone can withstand extreme temperatures from extreme heat (eg. baking) to freezing temps (eg. breast milk storage containers), and still look like new.
Silicone bibs are easy to use and maintain
Silicone bibs are easy to use and maintain because they are durable. Because silicone bibs are made from food grade silicone – which is a child-safe and hardy material – silicone bibs can last for hundreds of meals. They are also so easy to clean which means they look like new for longer. Because of their wide food lip they also reduce food wastage. Instead of food falling on the floor, bub can help her/himself to food caught in the food-safe silicone pocket. Silicone bibs also help keep cute clothes clean and stain-free, making these functional bibs especially useful when out and about.
Waterproof bibs you can just wipe clean
A big reason many mums and dads love silicone bibs is because they are waterproof which means bub’s clothes are protected and stay dry while feeding. After feeding, you can remove the messy silicone bib and just wipe clean with soapy water. Leave to air dry so it’s hygienically clean for bub’s next meal. A lot of food-grade silicone products can also be washed in the dishwasher. Another reason to love silicone for feeding items! Always check the manufacturer’s guidelines for cleaning instructions to ensure your product looks like new for longer.
Portable and easy to clean
Because silicone bibs are easy to clean, they’re also great for families on-the-go. For outings and travels, grab a 2-pack and roll up for an easy fit into a nappy bag. Other fun and practical ideas include Go Wild Indiana’s combo set of silicone bib, silicone spoon and silicone placemat, available in a range of colours. All three essential feeding items roll up neatly into a nifty waterproof zip bag for on-the-move families. To clean, simply place all in the dishwasher when you get home. Products like this make life a little bit easier and are also a great idea as a gift set.
Features to look out for when buying a baby silicone bib
• SAFETY: Food grade silicone, BPA free and toxin-free
• HYGIENE: Silicone is easy to wash and clean
• FIT: Adjustable straps keeps clothes clean and bub comfy
• DESIGN: Wide lip pocket to catch food
• COLOURS: Fun colours and designs
Fitting your silicone bib to your baby and toddler
For your little one’s comfort and to maximise the benefits of using a silicone bib for feeding, when you’re searching and browsing, look out for an adjustable neck so your bib fits your bub comfortably. Silicone bibs with a wide lip pocket catches food that drops down while your little one is feeding. Metro Baby’s trusted range of food grade silicone bibs combines all this – fit, fastening and functionality. Browse our range which includes Mushie’s bibs in a variety of colours, Liewood’s selection of cute animal themes, and Lou Lou Lollipop’s gorgeous printed designs. Most of our bibs are suitable for little ones from around 6 months to 3 years. Always check the manufacturer's guidelines for size range.
Colours and designs available
Browse our range of fun and functional silicone bibs which are easy to wash, wipe clean, and roll-up to take with you when out and about with bub. Sold as individual bibs, or available in 2-packs, we also offer fun feeding sets which include a cup and teether. Popular colours and styles available include:
• Liewood’s Carol Package with silicone bib, teether and cup in different animal themes and colours.
• Wild Indiana’s on-the-go pack with silicone bib, spoon and placemat, which all roll up into a neat waterproof zip bag.
• We Might Be Tiny’s range of 2-pack silicone bibs, available in a long list of fun colours include pink, blue and unisex colours.
Cleaning your silicone bib
Silicone bibs are hygienic because they are so easy to clean. Simply wash with soapy water and leave to air dry. You can also use a damp cloth and wipe clean. Many silicone bibs are also dishwasher safe. To prolong the life of your silicone products, avoid using abrasive materials and scourers when washing.
Other accessories to consider when feeding your baby, from burp cloths to teethers, and more
Besides silicone bibs with pockets that make mealtimes easy time for bubs and parents, other accessories to consider when feeding your little one include:
• Mushie’s fork and spoon cutlery sets, designed for small hands for your independent little one.
• Wean Meister’s freezer pods to store food, made from food-grade flexible silicone which are freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe.
• Haakaa’s fresh food teething feeder which is perfect to introduce bub to solids safely and also doubles up as a teether to help soothe aching gums.
• Hey Doodle’s reusable colouring-in silicone placemats to keep things fun and tidier at messy mealtimes. Perfect for travel.
• Sippy cups to help bub transition from bottle to cup. Trusted brands include b.box with Disney's Winnie the Pooh theme, Liewood, Haakaa and more.
• Burp cloths like Garbo and Friends are baby essentials for newborns and beyond. Made from 100% cotton muslin, this range of soft burp cloths are also sustainable and ethically made.
• Other soft bib design options include super absorbent dribble bibs from Lou Lou Lollipop, bandana bibs from Aden and Anais, and bibs with long sleeves, like Liewood's cape bib, which is like a smock for little ones learning to eat.
Brands we know and trust
Metro Baby offer an extensive range of trusted baby products which adhere to Australian and New Zealand safety standards. Besides high quality feeding brands, our other ranges include Babyzen, Janod, VTech, Springfree, Cocoon, Bumbo, Haakaa, BabyBjorn, and many more. Our best-sellers include baby cots, bassinets, and organic cotton swaddles, to prams, strollers, car seats, breastfeeding products and bottle warmers. Other top product picks include pacifiers, backpacks, nappy bags, high chairs, baby clothing, skincare, clothing, swimwear, gift sets, and more.
Buying your silicone bibs online with Metro Baby
Metro Baby is Australia’s trusted online one-stop baby shop offering an extensive range of deluxe and specialty baby products from the most trusted local and international brands. We are careful in selecting the best quality baby products to cater for your little one's many and changing needs, from breastfeeding to weaning to scooters and trampolines! Our exceptional customer service includes easy checkout, Price Promise and gift cards to fulfil a parent's wishlist. We conveniently ship to most postcodes Australia wide with free delivery on standard orders over $99.
Are silicone bibs safe for babies?
Metro Baby’s range of silicone bibs are safe for babies because they adhere to Australian and New Zealand child safety standards. Our range is made from food-grade silicone and is also BPA free.
How many silicone bibs do you need?
Even though silicone bubs are durable and easy to clean, some parents choose to have more than one silicone bib, which allows more flexibility. Our range includes single bibs as well as silicone bib 2-packs, plus combo packs with other feeding items -- great as a baby gift or gift idea for a baby shower.
Are all silicone bibs the same?
No, all silicone bibs are not the same. Quality, safety and fit may vary across brand and design. When searching for the best silicone bib for your bub, look out for bibs made from food-grade silicone. Because the bib’s pocket also serves as a feeding tool at mealtimes – especially for independent toddlers eating solids – food-grade silicone is an important safety consideration. Another consideration is bub’s comfort. A bib with an adjustable neck ensures the best fit. Look out for a wide food pocket to catch food, which also helps keep mealtimes less messy. Metro Baby’s wide range of fun and functional silicone bibs ticks all these boxes.
Do you need to clean silicone bibs?
Yes, but it’s so easy to clean a silicone bib because silicone is such an easy material to wash. Just wash with soap and water or wipe clean and leave to air dry. You can also wash food-grade silicone feeding products – including silicone bibs – in your dishwasher. Browse our range of easy-care food-grade silicone bibs as well as our wide range of trusted brands, all designed for your little one’s safety and your peace of mind.